Estonian
Belarusian
Latvian
Greek
Finnish
Serbian
Bulgarian
Turkish
body { background-color: #E5E5E5; scrollbar-face-color: #DEE3E7; scrollbar-highlight-color: #FFFFFF; scrollbar-shadow-color: #DEE3E7; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #D1D7DC; scrollbar-arrow-color: #006699; scrollbar-track-color: #EFEFEF; scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #98AAB1;}
Среда, 17.04.2024, 00:37Главная | Регистрация | Вход

Меню сайта

Форма входа

Приветствую Вас Гость!

Друзья сайта

Мини-чат

Наш опрос

Оцените мой сайт
Всего ответов: 350

Статистика

Why Phillip Shaddock book is incorrect!!! - Форум / ForumWhy Phillip Shaddock book is incorrect!!! - Форум / Forum
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 7
  • »
Форум / Forum » Poecilia reticulata Peters 1859 (English-speaking forum / англоязычный форум) » Common questions » Why Phillip Shaddock book is incorrect!!!
Why Phillip Shaddock book is incorrect!!!
genetika-guppyДата: Суббота, 08.05.2010, 00:02 | Сообщение # 1
Admin
Награды: 1
Статус: Offline
Philip Shaddock is famos guppybreeder. He is editor of many books about guppy biology and genetics.

But all of his books have many mistakes. He know me and other famous russian guppybreeder - Vladimir Storzhev.

We had many long Skype-contacts and we spoke about guppy genetics and new important practical information about guppy genetics (Base body colors genes, Secondary sex colors genes, Albino genetics and more) but Philip didn't want to hear about it. He printed his book at home and his books have not professional reviewers - he wrote his opinion only.
He removed my opinions from a forum on its website.

I think this is very harmful for the development of breeding guppies.

Philip is a liar and I can prove it!

His book "The Theory and Practice of Guppy Breeding" have many theoretical informations about guppy genetics and some (don't his) practical information about guppy genetics.

He distorted the information from the book of famous russian geneticist - V.S. Kirpichnikov, although even before the publication of his book, I warned him about it (this book is in my home library). He didn't wrote in his book about new practical resultes on the genetics of color guppy genetics received by Vladmir Storozhev last year on the basis of nearly 30 years of practical experience.

Try not to use his books in practical breeding guppies - in this case you do not spend your time wasted. It is good only as atlas of pictures and names of some guppy breeds (some history also). Much of what is written there - fantasy and long-outdated information.

The most important thing - his opinion is not confirmed by practice. He is a theorist and science fiction, create the genetics in my head. I speak and write it as professional biologist and doctor of biological science.

I'm very sorry and very ashamed of my former friend Philip cool

P.S. I mean not only Philip's book have many mistakes. Many authors rewrite the information from each other.

Only practice is the criterion of truth!!!

Be careful dear collegues!!!

Best regards,
Dr. Sergey Apryatin

GregДата: Суббота, 08.05.2010, 01:11 | Сообщение # 2
Майор
Награды: 0
Hello Dr. Sergey Apryatin

I agree with you 100% Philip Shaddock once invited me to be part of a "Breeder's Circle" to explore Lace Snakeskin genetics, among other things.

It went nowhere because he does not know what LACE even is. He uses the word "LACE" all wrong.

He is doing a great deal of damage to the guppy community because people listen to his every word. But he is wrong.

He takes information from guppy breeders, writes it in his book, then charges people money for it. Very dishonest.

He lives by the Punnett's Square, not understanding that it forecasts AVERAGES only. Those numbers are based on many matings and offspring. His assessment of the imagined dangers of inbreeding is also way off.

He knows nothing of heritability, inbreeding coefficients, etc. He gives no credibility to selective breeding.

I wish someone could show the guppy community that he is no one to listen to.

Добавлено (08.05.2010, 01:11)
---------------------------------------------
By far the best source of information on the North American Continent is the old Guppy Labs site.
Many guppy breeders here in America know Philip is wrong - I think there are even a few famous German guppy breeders who see through him as well. It takes many tanks and many years to explore a genetics question regarding guppies. Philip Shaddock does not have enough of an attention span to solve a handful of mysteries, let alone write a book.

People new to guppies should not waste their money on what they can get better for free. : D

Сообщение отредактировал Greg - Суббота, 08.05.2010, 01:03

genetika-guppyДата: Суббота, 08.05.2010, 01:41 | Сообщение # 3
Admin
Quote (Greg)
People new to guppies should not waste their money on what they can get better for free

I agree with you dear Greg!

Thanks for reply and welcome to my site about practical guppy genetics.
All information is free!

I hope it will interesting for you and may be you will write sometimes about guppy news in USA, your resultes and exchange information between our counntries.

GregДата: Суббота, 08.05.2010, 02:19 | Сообщение # 4
Майор
Thank you!

Right now in America, the guppy hobby is in almost total collapse.

The IFGA is dying. Philip Shaddock started the IGEES as a way to eclipse the IFGA and encourage his own agenda, which is to reject historical breed standards. The IGEES will die, too, as without written standards, competition judging becomes subjective. Selective breeding to a fixed target has been a part of livestock exhibition since at least the Victorian times. But Philip hates selective breeders and encourages membership in the IGEES to make crosses so he can use their information in his books.

The problem is that many newcomers to the guppy hobby will get discouraged when they find out that very few crosses actually work, and one only succeeds in making a big mess. Most people are not capable of even maintaining an established strain, let alone creating a new one.

So already, places to buy quality guppies are disappearing very fast.

The guppy hobby must die in America in order for a few sensible people to resurrect it. This is what happened in the UK the end of the last century. It will happen here, too.

The IFGA killed itself by using very expensive technology to raise a simple, easy little fish. In America, capitalism is struggling and resources are drying up. Very few people will be able to have 200 tanks of guppies and change hundreds of gallons of water a day. Water is getting scarce in some places. This has also made very weak fish with no immunities.

I raise fish with no heaters and no medicines. Temperatures from 58 degrees Fahrenheit to 90 degrees plus Fahrenheit. Water changes only a few times each year. Live plants (Amazon Swords in pots) in every tank. I have no disease, and my fish grow big. But the IFGA does not want to hear that.

It is a new day all around the World. We must use our heads. biggrin

Добавлено (08.05.2010, 02:19)
Many good people here in the U.S., though. Kerry Collier, Anthony Fischinger, Toni Milligan....

Have you seen any of my articles or Anthony's articles on Fancy Guppies.UK ?

genetika-guppyДата: Суббота, 08.05.2010, 12:03 | Сообщение # 5
Admin
Thanks for information Greg!

May be all guppybreeders needs in new International Professional Guppy organization (or Club)- IPGO with new members - real practical guppybreeders?

Sorry I didn't see your articles, may be you can give me link? wink

ВладимирДата: Суббота, 08.05.2010, 13:58 | Сообщение # 6
Генералиссимус
хотелось бы понять-о чем речь идет

GregДата: Суббота, 08.05.2010, 23:46 | Сообщение # 7
Майор
Hi Sergey

Here is the link: http://www.fancyguppies.co.uk/page14.htm

You will notice that IFGA Guppy Judge Dr. Jim Alderson has an article on "How to Select Females"

Where does he get that females only carry 15% of the male's traits? Is this science or opinion? LOL

I think it is opinion, as no one knows. biggrin

America is in the grips of stupidity right now. History is totally forgotten! God Bless President Obama, but one person cannot do it all. Please help spread the truth where you can

Greg

Добавлено (08.05.2010, 16:00)
[B] Vladimir [/ b], Hi Vladimir

Philip Shaddock is wrong; Sergey is correct (right).

I am an American; Mr. Shaddock is a Canadian. He is a smart man, but wrong about guppies.

Добавлено (08.05.2010, 23:46)
Mr. Shaddock was given the recipe or formula for the Galaxy guppy by its creator, Mr. Tsutsui, but still was unable to create a Galaxy. Why? Two things, really. Many traits are strain-specific; therefore, it is not enough to acquire a particular "breed" of guppy, you must acquire the exact strain. Secondly, Mr. Shaddock used the wrong ingredients. To my knowledge, he has never succeeded in making an acceptable Galaxy. He lost interest. He becomes bored very easily. Whatever rules the IGEES has today, they will be different a year from now.

Obviously, he is not one to go to for answers. Innocent beginners acquire 2 red guppies from the Pet Store and want to know why their offspring are blue. Since female guppies can store the sperm of a single male for most of their lives, the answer to their question is that the Red Male they purchased is not the father of the offspring. You need no genetic theory; no "cross-over" happened. Master breeders such as Stan Shubel seperate the sexes of their guppies at 3-4 weeks to insure virgin females. Unless one is doing that, one really hs no idea who the father is. The "last male sperm" theory has been disproven, as females can reject sperm from recent males. Your mystery is solved.

The genetics of the dog is almost 100% known. I can call myself a Canine Designer. I can create any dog of any description that you could possibly imagine. The genetics of the guppy are far from fully understood. You can discuss the existence of God with a Professor of Theology, or you can discuss it with a uneducated man on the street. In the final analysis, you are no closer to the truth either way. Same with guppy genetics. Mr Shaddock theorizes on the subject without having the practical resume to back it up. It will take many tanks and many years to answer the questions we all have about guppies.

Ask Mr. Shaddock what a "Lace Snakeskin" guppy is. His answer will surprise many of you; and, yet, he writes of its genetics.

Ask the IGEES what judging standard they will use for their shows. How will a winner objectively be determined?

Had the IFGA kept its finger on the pulse of the American guppy breeder, the hobby would be strong in America today.
Had the IFGA tailored their standards to align with those of the IKGH,and placed more emphasis on vigor and health, we would have had a truly "international" guppy organization in America. The IGEES does not have the practicum to fill this void. biggrin

GregДата: Воскресенье, 09.05.2010, 01:34 | Сообщение # 8
Майор
Here is but one example of why Philip Shaddock's book is incorrect.

Here is a link to a post made on a German website a couple of years back by none other than Gernot Kaden regarding
X-linked Moscows. Here in America, I have a friend who has had X-linked Moscows for years, Philip Shaddock's Y-linked "super gene" theory is totally false.

http://www.google.com/transla....ie=UTF8

Here is the body of the post:

Posted: Fri May 9, 2008 9:14 Titel: Moskau Blau auf X Title: Moscow blue on X

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dieter Kempkens hat mir dieses Foto mit der imposanten Dame zugesandt. Dieter Kempkens gave me this photo sent with the impressive lady. Zumindest ist es der eindeutige Beweis, dass Moskau Blau auch über X vererbt werden kann. At least there is clear evidence that Moscow may be inherited blue X on it. Es soll ja Einzelne geben, die das noch nicht wissen! Apparently, there are individuals who do not know that! Interessant ist auch die Verlängerung der Afterflosse Also interesting is the extension of the anal fin

I have a photo of the fish attached below. This is just one little example.

Прикрепления: 6717895.jpg (147.3 Kb)

genetika-guppyДата: Воскресенье, 09.05.2010, 20:23 | Сообщение # 9
Admin
Quote (Владимир)
хотелось бы понять-о чем речь идет

Речь о том, что Филипп Шеддок похоже начинает сходить с ума - он штампует книги, которые он пишет со слов гуппиводов, при этом не понимая сути вопроса - генетики и селекции. В этих книгах много неправды.
Он выступает протов официальной организации гуппибридеров в Америке, отменяя все исторически образовавшиеся стандарты - созадал свою организацию, которая жестоко подавляет все действия гуппиводов, которые ему не нравятся и т.п. Вобщем новый Пиночет нарисовался в Канаде...

Наш друг Greg из США пишет много подробностей по поводу Филлипа Шеддок и его имперских амбиций...

http://translate.google.ru/

Скопируйте текст в этот переводчик и много нового узнаете об этом лжеце...

ВладимирДата: Воскресенье, 09.05.2010, 20:58 | Сообщение # 10
Генералиссимус
давайте не будем торопиться-что в его книгах действительно достаточно не верных выводов-это факт-причина проста-что пишешь нужно самому проверять,а самое главное понимать на чем проверяешь-иначе ошибки неизбежны-ДАВАЙТЕ ПОСМОТРИМ ЧТО ОН ТАМ СВАЯЕТ,А ПОТОМ ОБСУДИМ С ДОКАЗАТЕЛЬНЫМИ ВАРИАНТАМИ,А ТАК ЭТО НЕСКОЛЬКО НА ТРАВЛЮ ПОХОЖЕ

genetika-guppyДата: Воскресенье, 09.05.2010, 21:20 | Сообщение # 11
Admin
Quote (Владимир)
ДАВАЙТЕ ПОСМОТРИМ ЧТО ОН ТАМ СВАЯЕТ,А ПОТОМ ОБСУДИМ С ДОКАЗАТЕЛЬНЫМИ ВАРИАНТАМИ,А ТАК ЭТО НЕСКОЛЬКО НА ТРАВЛЮ ПОХОЖЕ

Мы все обсуждали с ним уже достаточно давно - приводили аргументы - результаты крестов - он все внимательн ослушал - при этом никак не реагировал и попрежнему в книгах ничего не писал об эти практических результатах.

При чем здесь травля? Речь идет об истине.

ВладимирДата: Воскресенье, 09.05.2010, 21:28 | Сообщение # 12
Генералиссимус
ТАК МОЖЕТ У НЕГО БУДУТ ПРОТИВОПОЛОЖНЫЕ РЕЗУЛЬТАТЫ И ОНИ БУДУТ ЧЕТКО ПОКАЗАНЫ biggrin

genetika-guppyДата: Воскресенье, 09.05.2010, 21:52 | Сообщение # 13
Admin
Quote (Владимир)
ТАК МОЖЕТ У НЕГО БУДУТ

не будут... он делает 0,0001% своих крестов...
а ту информацию, что он собирает по гуппиводам планеты - принимать во внимание не стоит, поскольку она запутанна и не подлежит рассмотрению. Там и фоновые перепутаны, игипремеланизма нет, и альбинизм как фоновые и т.п.

GregДата: Воскресенье, 09.05.2010, 22:40 | Сообщение # 14
Майор
Philip Shaddock is a very intelligent, pleasant man. At first, one thinks, "This person is excellent!"

It is only through long and intensive discourse with him that the truth emerges.

I do not know if he is about money (I don't really think so), or if it is about ego - I do not know. But he has an agenda, and it is not the truth.

Each person can give their own example after a time. Mine is this: He incorrectly uses the term "Lace" to mean a "fine" or very delicate snakeskin pattern. This is very wrong. He ignores the history (providence) of the word "lace" in connection with the guppy which goes back to the "English Lace" of CW Phillips in the 1950's.

When I told Philip Shaddock about his error he said, and I can quote, "I do not care about names; I just want to know how it is inherited."

Perhaps I missed something, but one cannot speak of a trait's inheritence when one cannot even define a trait. ^ _ ^

We must first agree on what it is we are talking about.

Already, the Malaysian Guppy Forum has taken down Sergey's announcement of Philip's book's lies. This is common.
Philip will remove statements made against him, or attack people on forums where people cannot defend themselves.

None of this would be a problem if so many people did not believe his every lie. Make no mistake, the IGEES is 100% Philip Shaddock's organization, and I know he formed it largely to hurt the IFGA. I have all necessary emails to prove Philip's true intentions. I have guppy breeder friends that know also. These are educated, intelligent, good people who know the truth, also. In actuality, Philip has many enemies.

He used the Guppy Wiki (English) as a net to haul in information on strains for his book from hobbyists around the World. Once he achieved his goal, he took it down. I protested, as I wrote the article on the German Red Lace Snakeskin as a resource for everyone. Philip claimed he wrote it !!!!!!!!!! ^ _ ^ This is no honest man.

I was banned from guppies.com when I brought this to the World's attention My dear friend, Anthony Fischinger, witnessed this, and it made him sick. Philip has spies in the IFGA as well in his attempt to hurt them. Very bad person.

Сообщение отредактировал Greg - Воскресенье, 09.05.2010, 22:42

genetika-guppyДата: Воскресенье, 09.05.2010, 22:50 | Сообщение # 15
Admin
applause good biggrin

GregДата: Воскресенье, 09.05.2010, 23:01 | Сообщение # 16
Майор
Actually, the final straw for me was when Philip attacked the great American Guppy Breeder, Stan Shubel.
Every country usually has one or two truly great guppy breeders, ours is Stan Shubel.

At one time, I, too, thought Stan Shubel knew nothing of guppy genetics.

Then Christmas of 2008, my Mother purchased a book for me called "James Hinks: Master Craftsmen" by Scotland's Kevin Kane about James Hinks and his creation of the White English Bull Terrier in the 1850's and 1860's.

I knew instantly my mistake. All of our breeds of dogs, cats, cattle, horses, chickens, sheep, and goats were created primarily before the recognition of Mendel's work. It is selection that creates breeds; not academic knowledge. Many, many fine musicians know not how to even read music. It takes talent to breed fine guppies. Philip Shaddock has no talent; he is jealous of Stan Shubel. Philip cannot even recreate a Galaxy guppy after the Master Creator, Tsutsui, tells him how. Instead he creates an ugly abomination devoid of all color, pattern, and beauty called the "See-thru" guppy, claiming it will be useful for scientists to watch feces travelling through the intestine! LOL

It is simple: Philip Shaddock is not qualified to write a book on guppy genetics, he has no practical resume. It is a waste of money to buy this book of other people's experiences.

genetika-guppyДата: Воскресенье, 09.05.2010, 23:12 | Сообщение # 17
Admin
Quote (Greg)
Instead he creates an ugly abomination devoid of all color, pattern, and beauty called the "See-thru" guppy, claiming it will be useful for scientists to watch feces travelling through the intestine! LOL

happy

ВладимирДата: Воскресенье, 09.05.2010, 23:13 | Сообщение # 18
Генералиссимус
ЧТО БЫ ИЗУЧАТЬ ГЕНЕТИКУ МАЛО КУПИТЬ МИКРОСКОП-ОЧКИ НУЖНЫ ЛЮДЯМ УМЕЮЩИМ ЧИТАТЬ-ИНАЧЕ ЭТО БУДЕТ ВЫГЛЯДЕТЬ КАК В БАСНЕ КРЫЛОВА-МАРТЫШКА И ОЧКО

genetika-guppyДата: Воскресенье, 09.05.2010, 23:15 | Сообщение # 19
Admin
Quote (Владимир)
МАРТЫШКА И ОЧКО

wacko новая басня Крылова?

Про примата и азартную карточную игру или ... surprised

genetika-guppyДата: Воскресенье, 09.05.2010, 23:19 | Сообщение # 20
Admin
Quote (Greg)
I knew instantly my mistake. All of our breeds of dogs, cats, cattle, horses, chickens, sheep, and goats were created primarily before the recognition of Mendel's work. It is selection that creates breeds; not academic knowledge.

Scientific knowloges is very important too. It wasn't your mistake dear Greg!

Genetic analisys is very important method for guppybreeding and other selection.

We cann't use it and we will have good results but ,for best results we should to know genetics very good.

It is not possible without genetic analisys.

GregДата: Воскресенье, 09.05.2010, 23:25 | Сообщение # 21
Майор
The IGEES is open for registration happy
happy

Who will decide the trophies/awards? Philip Shaddock. Again, no practical resume.

Eventually, the IGEES will have to have a show in America. Where are their standards?

Do we adopt those of the IFGA? The IKGH? Those of Asia? Make up our own and reinvent the wheel?

Who will decide? Philip Shaddock. And he will change it all again next year! happy

genetika-guppyДата: Понедельник, 10.05.2010, 00:05 | Сообщение # 22
Admin
IGEES must be close.

Philip Shaddock = IGEES

genetika-guppyДата: Понедельник, 10.05.2010, 00:09 | Сообщение # 23
Admin
IGEES = International Gall Emergency the Emetic of Shaddock

tongue

GregДата: Понедельник, 10.05.2010, 01:44 | Сообщение # 24
Майор
Or: IGEES = International Guppy Erroneous Exchange Society ^ _ ^ They exchange falsehoods.

I wonder what Paul Hahnel would say about this Philip Shaddock if he were alive today?

Сообщение отредактировал Greg - Понедельник, 10.05.2010, 01:45

genetika-guppyДата: Понедельник, 10.05.2010, 01:48 | Сообщение # 25
Admin
Quote (Greg)
I wonder what Paul Hahnel would say about this Philip Shaddock if he were alive today?

nocomp

Форум / Forum » Poecilia reticulata Peters 1859 (English-speaking forum / англоязычный форум) » Common questions » Why Phillip Shaddock book is incorrect!!!
  • Страница 1 из 7
  • »
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 | Используются технологии uCoz