Estonian
Belarusian
Latvian
Greek
Finnish
Serbian
Bulgarian
Turkish
body { background-color: #E5E5E5; scrollbar-face-color: #DEE3E7; scrollbar-highlight-color: #FFFFFF; scrollbar-shadow-color: #DEE3E7; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #D1D7DC; scrollbar-arrow-color: #006699; scrollbar-track-color: #EFEFEF; scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #98AAB1;}
Пятница, 26.04.2024, 09:24Главная | Регистрация | Вход

Меню сайта

Форма входа

Приветствую Вас Гость!

Друзья сайта

Мини-чат

Наш опрос

Оцените мой сайт
Всего ответов: 350

Статистика

Why Phillip Shaddock book is incorrect!!! - Страница 2 - Форум / ForumWhy Phillip Shaddock book is incorrect!!! - Страница 2 - Форум / Forum
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 2 из 7
  • «
  • »
Форум / Forum » Poecilia reticulata Peters 1859 (English-speaking forum / англоязычный форум) » Common questions » Why Phillip Shaddock book is incorrect!!!
Why Phillip Shaddock book is incorrect!!!
GregДата: Понедельник, 10.05.2010, 05:40 | Сообщение # 26
Майор
Награды: 0
Статус: Offline
happy happy biggrin biggrin I think so, too.

Добавлено (10.05.2010, 05:40)
---------------------------------------------
Here is the guppies.com response to this thread: http://www.guppies.com/forums....07.html

A quick review of the responses made to your warning, Sergey, will quickly illustrate the American mentality, and why Philip Shaddock is able to get away with this scam.

In answer to my mentally-challenged American brothers and sisters, I can only say this:

First, Mr. Shaddock is not a "staple guppy breeder in the US" He is Canadian, and his guppy breeding resume is a complete non-starter in competitive circles.

Second, this is not about what is or isn't a "Lace"; but, rather, a complete disregard for the laws of provenance and established fact. The word "Lace" is used correctly by all expert guppy fanciers throughout the World - it is not subject to the whim and fancy of Mr. Shaddock. My conversations regarding the Lace Snakeskin have included breeders from Singapore (Judge Derrick Tan) and Great Britain (Alan Charlton). To mention just a couple. There was never any question of the definition of "Lace" until Mr. Shaddock became involved. Now, he has Brazil's Michel Bruno (15 years old child) parroting his definition around the globe! If Mr. Shaddock cannot even master simple guppy nomenclature, do you think he has mastered guppy genetics? Really? The usage of the word "Lace" in connection with guppies dates to the "English Lace" of GW Phiilips in the 1950's, or thereabouts.

Third, is it not somehow morally wrong to cast a net out over the internet, collect everyones' anecdotal information, package it up in a book, and then turn around and charge the very source of the information for that information? His disclaimer about "not doing scientific research" is fine print. The book's title, "The Theory and Practice ..." implies that it is meant to be a scientific work. It is false advertising at best; a blatant lie at worst.

If 99% of you would spend less time on guppies.com talking about whether or not your guppy is pregnant, and more time READING, you would know when you have been had. Frank Falcone, aka, Guppyman, is correct about the whole lot of you! ^ _ ^;)

This is serious, people. Wake up.

KeeHuatДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 06:36 | Сообщение # 27
Новичок
Greg,
Could you explain your statement
"The "last male sperm" theory has been disproven, as females can reject sperm from recent males"

Kee Huat

GregДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 07:11 | Сообщение # 28
Майор
Hello Kee

Here is the link: http://paduaresearch.cab.unipd.it/780/

The ABSTRACT in case you cannot reach:

Given multiple matings from females, sexual selection continues after insemination in the form of postcopulatory sexual selection. This process is formed by two main mechanisms: sperm competition (competition of sperm of two or more males for the fertilization of the eggs of the same female) and cryptic female choice. These act as powerful selective pressures for the evolution of reproductive biology of both males and females. The aim of this thesis is to analyze the relative importance of sperm competition and cryptic female choice in determining a male reproductive success. The study species is the guppy (Poecilia reticulata), a freshwater fish, ovoviviparous with internal fertilization. Using artificial insemination, I studied if females can obtain fecundity benefits from mating with colourful males (as predicted by Sheldon's Phenotype-linked fertility hypothesis), the role of sperm number and sperm quality for sperm competition success, repeatability of a male's fertilization success and the role of MHC genes in non directional cryptic female choice. This technique allows to control for many potential confounding variables, as order of mating, number of sperm inseminated and cryptic female choice. From the experiments, it emerges that directional processes in this species are more important for fertilization success rather than non directional processes, even if a part of variance in fertilization success is explained by a male's similarity for MHC genotype with the female.

("cryptic" selection = female rejection of post-copulatory sperm)

Добавлено (11.05.2010, 07:11)
Kee

There is also another scientific article-- I think I have it saved in my documents. But I must find.

This is very important, as even when discussing cross results with friends, I often wonder/question if the cross they claim actually took place. It is difficult to call ona a "liar"; but, frankly, I think many claimed crosses do not take place. Seperating sexes at a very early age (prior to 3-4 weeks) is, IMO, very important. Most breeders do not do this.

Scientific setting, following the "scientific method" with controis, etc. is very important for the conclusive evidence.

Cheers,

Greg biggrin

Сообщение отредактировал Greg - Вторник, 11.05.2010, 07:16

KeeHuatДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 08:58 | Сообщение # 29
Новичок
Greg, thanks for the info.

GregДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 10:25 | Сообщение # 30
Майор
Hello Kee

You are much welcome!

Our good friends, Vladimir and Sergey, are giving us knowledge for free. We have an obligation to the Guppy Community!
biggrin
As hobbyists, we share our knowledge for free. I will give you anything I have. Alan Charlton of the UK, and Derrick Tan of Singapore helped me to understand the Lace Snakeskin Guppy. I am forever grateful! Tim Mousseau, top Lace Snakeskin Breeder in the U.S. has helped me many times, also.

I very much love the Lace Snakeskin Guppy, and it is my wish to understand it fully.

Cheers!

Greg

Добавлено (11.05.2010, 09:31)
P.S. I have very much improved the "Gold" Lace Snakeskins that I sent you. I have incorporated top IFGA Green Lace Snakeskin lines along with Green Lace Snakeskin lines from New York City, U.S. They are far better! More true breeding! Anthony Fischinger still has original lines I sent you.

You are welcome to anything I have. I am trying to get Hellblau from Germany; I have 25 cousins there, so I should be successful,

Добавлено (11.05.2010, 10:25)
Here is a letter to the IFGA in support of those who speak the truth and have to seek "free speech" elsewhere:

Hello Moderator,

I'm sorry, but Bob Lewis's article in this month's EBulletin is an embarrassment to serious members of this Forum. It's unfortunate that a member had to be "suspended" but it's inexcusable for an organization that was once held in as high esteem as the IFGA was to not only gloat in it, but to boast about it for two consecutive months.

It's sad. It's a sad reflection on the IFGA and a sad impression to give to new members. These articles go out to the WORLD. How do you expect to grow membership with articles like this? What does this do to promote the Guppy hobby? All this does is to show how far the IFGA has fallen from it's once lofty position.

I'm very disappointed.
K

Is not America the land of "Free Speech"? Well, some of us have to go to Russia! happy When will the lies stop?

Сообщение отредактировал Greg - Вторник, 11.05.2010, 10:28

KeeHuatДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 10:28 | Сообщение # 31
Новичок
Greg,

Thank you.

My aim in setting up my own forum/site is to share knowledge amongst all hobbyists and breeders (we use the term breeders locally for those running a business full time) for free so that we can all understand guppies a bit better to produce quality guppies and if possible to generate new strains.

The breeders here in Singapore are pretty decent as they openly share and impart their knowledge with us hobbyists whenever we approach them or visit their farms.

Besides, improving my strains, primarily lace my aim is to produce a blue lace snakeskin. It won't be from lack of endeavour but I will need plenty of help to get there.

GregДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 10:30 | Сообщение # 32
Майор
Hi Kee

I have same aim-- Blue Lace Snakeskin!

genetika-guppyДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 12:55 | Сообщение # 33
Admin
Награды: 1
It is my aim too.

genetika-guppyДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 12:56 | Сообщение # 34
Admin
My strain Blue cobra:

http://genetika-guppy.my1.ru/forum/24-180-1

ВладимирДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 15:32 | Сообщение # 35
Генералиссимус
вряд ли удастся сделать рисунок синим через кобру-белым он всегда будет,а вот покровный окрас под надпокровным,оттеняющий белый цвет в тон покровного вполне можно,а уж если действительно хотите изменить цвет рисунка нужно использовать яп. синих
Прикрепления: 6757726.jpg (115.4 Kb) · 2181588.jpg (114.6 Kb)

ВладимирДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 15:35 | Сообщение # 36
Генералиссимус

ВладимирДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 15:36 | Сообщение # 37
Генералиссимус

ВладимирДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 15:38 | Сообщение # 38
Генералиссимус
biggrin а это видимо та самая галактика за которую Шедока чистят
Прикрепления: 8512184.jpg (103.8 Kb)

ВладимирДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 15:38 | Сообщение # 39
Генералиссимус

genetika-guppyДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 16:01 | Сообщение # 40
Admin
Рисунок не нужен синий - Greg хочет как мои синии кобры, только кружево.
Естественно только через японских синих делать - красивее и надежнее будет... Мои точно так и делались... Из под них очень хорошие японскиесиние проскакивают - тоже ими собираюсь поработать...

genetika-guppyДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 16:03 | Сообщение # 41
Admin
Я думаю японских синих на перламутровых с похожими фоновыми нужно крестить, в первом поколении уже будет что то похожее, дальше отбор...

ВладимирДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 17:30 | Сообщение # 42
Генералиссимус
точно если скрестить яп. синих с перламутром получим кобру

genetika-guppyДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 21:00 | Сообщение # 43
Admin
Greg, our opinion (together with Vladimir) - you should to make crossing between Japanise Blue male and Full platinum (Full Pearl) female. In F1 you will get middle Blue Lace and Blue Snakeskin (different types), after that - selection.
You should take male and female with the same Silver or Gray Base body color - for example, MGeX or MGEX.

genetika-guppyДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 21:03 | Сообщение # 44
Admin
На фото в сообщении №39 приятный зебринус. Тонкие четкие белые полосы на сером фоне. Четкость и строгость рисунка - интересная тема для селекции. wink

ВладимирДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 22:02 | Сообщение # 45
Генералиссимус
а мне такие больше нравятся-кстати это от креста самки яп.синих на перламутр,а нужно было наоборот сделать-самцы несут признак яп. синих
Прикрепления: 0103024.jpg (50.4 Kb)

ВладимирДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 22:03 | Сообщение # 46
Генералиссимус

genetika-guppyДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 22:40 | Сообщение # 47
Admin
My answer to Philip Shaddock:

http://english.myguppy.net/viewthr....&extra=

ВладимирДата: Вторник, 11.05.2010, 23:07 | Сообщение # 48
Генералиссимус
тебе не надоело-давай лучше делом займемся.
не пойму-что есть у кого то конкретные претензии что он украл чьё то или преднамереная ложь присуствует-не допонимание и недоисследование чего то нельзя с ложью сравнивать-прекращай-уже не красиво выглядет это

genetika-guppyДата: Среда, 12.05.2010, 00:13 | Сообщение # 49
Admin
Quote (Владимир)
тебе не надоело-давай лучше делом займемся.
не пойму-что есть у кого то конкретные претензии что он украл чьё то или преднамереная ложь присуствует-не допонимание и недоисследование чего то нельзя с ложью сравнивать-прекращай-уже не красиво выглядет это

У Грега, например, Филипп его статью украл и в книге своей написал, что это его данные.

Я уже все сказал, так что пусть народ сам решает...

GregДата: Среда, 12.05.2010, 00:22 | Сообщение # 50
Майор
The middle pictures of the Blue Lace Snakeskins are spectacular. Where you find?

Japan Blue will give blue background color to body. I have seen this done on German website.

But fins? Are Sergey and Vladimer suggesting Asian Blau for fins from, say, Blue Grass or Blue Glass guppy?
Blue Galaxy also exist.

My understanding is that Asian Blau (Blue Glass) will only turn red into blue if heterozygous. Homozygous Asian Blau = no pattern. No lace, no snakeskin, no cobra with Homozygous Asian Blau. Am I correct?

3 Blaus: Asian Hellblau European Blau I have never seen example of European Blau.

Сообщение отредактировал Greg - Среда, 12.05.2010, 00:23

Форум / Forum » Poecilia reticulata Peters 1859 (English-speaking forum / англоязычный форум) » Common questions » Why Phillip Shaddock book is incorrect!!!
  • Страница 2 из 7
  • «
  • »
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 | Используются технологии uCoz